We are pleased to announce an addition to the Creative Inkling family. Ellen Jarvis aka “Cardmonkey”, will be our Design Team leader. We have full confidence that Ellen will help provide creative guidance and be a fabulous resource to our Design Team members. In light of this exciting news, we are reposting our call to any who may have missed it the first time.
DESIGN TEAM CALL
This will be a great opportunity to share your craft with others. Applicants should be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about products and techniques related the products we sell. This will be a three-month trial period with a possible longer term to follow.
How to apply:
Send us a link to your blog or online gallery.
We want our team members to take high quality photographs that show a good representation of their work with our products. We will also be reviewing your writing style and how you share information about the products you use. All work submitted must be original and created by you.
Please also include the following information in your e-mail:
- Your full name
- Preferred e-mail address
- Phone number.
- Address (where products may be shipped if selected)
- Links to any additional places we might see your work.
- List any design team(s) you are currently a member of, or any in the past.Your preferred crafting style (Are you primarily a card
maker? Scrapbooker? Mixed Media Artist? Papercrafter? Something else entirely?
- If you currently teach classes or hold workshops, please provide any relevant information about them.
- Photos of your “personal best” three (3) projects.
- Members will be expected to complete 1-3 projects each month based on theme/products requirements with supplies provided
and submitted according to deadlines given.
- Projects should be photographed in a well-lit area to ensure clarity. Props and backgrounds are encouraged but keep it clean, so
readers aren’t distracted away from the project. If the product is clear or white use a colored background so the edges of the
product can be seen.
- We will also expect at least one demo or review written or video, per month to be uploaded to our website (video format is
- Periodically, you may be asked to do a product demo or review in-store or on the website.
- Members will be expected to promote their projects and the store on social media and their own blog.
- Physical projects will be mailed or dropped off for display in the store and will be returned within one year. We retain the right to
use your project images for marketing and sales purposes in perpetuity
- All projects should include a supply list.
- Take crisp, clear photographs of your projects in well-lit areas.
- All Design Team Members will have a bio with photo(s) on our website.
- We will provide links to your blog on our website.
- Design Team Members will enjoy a 20% discount on all products purchased in-store and on the webstore. Higher discounts will
be offered throughout your term based on merit.
- Promising members may be asked to accompany us on trips to trade or consumer shows.
- An exclusive designers-only free retreat stay at Creative Inkling’s expansive, well-appointed retreat space.